Skip to content
Your Doctor’s Responsibilities
- To treat you with respect and courtesy at all times.
- To treat you as an individual, and to discuss with you the care and treatment we can provide.
- To give you full information on the services we offer.
- To give you the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff.
- To provide you with emergency care when you need it.
- To refer you to a consultant acceptable to you when necessary.
- To give you access to your health records, subject to any limitations in the law.
Your Responsibilities as a Patient
- To treat all staff with respect and courtesy at all times.
- To tell us if you are unsure about the treatment we are offering you.
- To ask for a home visit only when the patient is unable to attend the medical centre through illness or infirmity.
- To request such a visit, if at all possible, before 10:30 am.
- To ask for an out of hours visit only when necessary.
- To keep your appointments and contact the surgery in advance if you cannot.
- To be punctual for appointments, and to make a separate appointment for each member of the family wishing to see the doctor.
- Not to expect a prescription from every consultation with a doctor. There may be other options for treatment.
- To take medicines according to the instructions and to only ask for a repeat prescription if you need one.
- To let us know when you change your address or telephone number.