As you may be aware, we do not take prescription requests over the phone anymore. There are other ways you can obtain your medication:
- In Person - You can drop your prescription request off at the surgery, either into the red box situated on the wall just inside the front door, or by giving your request to a receptionist.
- Via the Prescription Order Line - As of October 2017 you will no longer be able to order your prescription via your pharmacy. Please click on the tab above for more information.
- Online - You can order your prescription online via the link at the top of this page, as well as update your personal information. In order to use this secure site you will need register first. Please see reception with proof of ID and they will help print a password to help you register.
- We have also introduced our Electronic Prescription Service (EPS), which can streamline the request process. To find out how to get started, you can ask a member of staff, or visit the HSCIC website for more information.
- By Post - You can also post your request to the address at the bottom of the page. Please clearly mark the contents of your letter as a repeat prescription request to minimise any delay.
- By Fax - You can Fax a request to 0114 2262804.
- By Email -You can send an email request to email@example.com
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications. Notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
On occasion, a Doctor may think that you need a medication review sooner, and we will get in touch with you to arrange this.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.